quarta-feira, julho 25, 2012

On the road again

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!"
(...)

"The wind from Lake Michigan, bop at the Loop, long walks around South Halsted and North Clark, and one long walk after midnight into the jungles, where a cruising car followed me as a suspicious character. At this time, 1947, bop was going like mad all over America. The fellows at the Loop blew, but with a tired air, because bop was somewhere between its Charlie Parker Ornithology period and another period that began with Miles Davis. And as I sat there listening to that sound of the night which bop has come to represent for all of us, I thought of all my friends from one end of the country to the other and how they were really all in the same vast backyard doing something so frantic and rushing-about. And for the first time in my life, the following afternoon, I went into the West. It was a warm and beautiful day for hitchhiking."

-- Jack Kerouac, from 'On The Road'


---
Ao contrário do que muitos pensavam, o filme do Walter Salles é bacana, como já comentei no outro post.  Tão bacana que às vezes me pego pensando nele. Sem saber, me lembrei do Dylan, que não é um dos meus cantores favoritos, mas que era perceiro dessa geração beat.

Por isso, a música de hoje é "On the road again", do Bob Dylan...

Nenhum comentário: